Hi, can you make it available for Linux, please? Would love to test it, mate. Thank you
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
If you jump rapidly, you can slowly push the camera through the floor.
As in completely through the floor into the void below or where it looks like you’re crouching for a second then you return to standing again?
good job devs!
È stato bello inquietante da giocare. Complimenti.
heyyy holaaa ¡¡¡ es un gusto , mi nombre es brian y tengo un canal de juegos de terror , le hice un gameplay a tu juego y en mi video lo traduje al español , espero que te guste mucho ¡¡¡¡¡
Just played this game and I enjoyed it! I personally think it's better than a bunch of others that I've played before. A more full length title built like this would be awesome imo. I'm not sure exactly how you'd expand the experience though, add more puzzles I guess? Regardless awesome job! Here's my experience if you're interested. Thank you for making it!
I didn't finish but it was a fun game. Little girl scared me a few times. The camera is a little slow for my preference but not a complaint.
I have a video on the way but it ended a bit abruptly when I got stuck in a wall. I closed a door and it pushed me through...
That was spooky. The markiplier jumpscare got me. I did not expect that from this game lololol.
I'm lost while playing the game 'coz I got a key but I don't know where it is for. but then when I edited the vid I was like "Oh that was the key is for." Gotta play this game again.
p.s game starts at 20:06
【The Thirteenth Floor 第十三层楼】十三層樓的詭異事件是怎麼回事。
처음부터 끝까지 긴장감 있는 게임으로 재미있었습니다.
좋은 게임 감사합니다.
I legitimately enjoyed this. I'd love to see the story fleshed out more, help explain why everything is happening, why it's there, etc. But I'm invested. If you make the full game let me know!
The game didn't get any scares out of me, but I enjoyed it.
Good game I rate this is as 3/5 stars (minimum)
This is a list of thoughts of your game:
The Good Side:
- I like how the player first starts out by seeing markiplier on the tv and that made me laugh or at least in my perspective
- I say this game does well match up with the PS1 graphics almost looking like the real PS1 game. although the controls are a bit off from other PS1 game controls
- I like how it's a puzzle and searching game by walking back and forth with colleting items and codes by unlocking rooms and others
- I like the creepy dialogue that come now and then and the sound effects are good but I think that you could put a little bit more sound effects
The Bad Side:
- I said that this is too easy and can be beaten within like 15 minutes
- The closet doors can get you stuck forcing you to restart
- You can get stuck on the table in the janitor room
- If you crouch under the table in the janitor room, you can see 2 objects that has been stored under the table. You could've stored them below or above the map. (These 2 objects are a phone and a fire extinguisher I think)
- What was the point of the security camera room other then to get the code for the room. I just saw no use of the security camera room if you can't interact to it.
- I wouldn't think that putting the genre as survival because you can't die until the ending, more as putting it as puzzle as going back and forth and nothing chasing you or at least in my opinion.
- What was the point adding a zoom option, because I saw no point using the zoom option if you can just walk up to it.
- I didn't get to unlock all the rooms or at least 2 of the rooms or if they don't serve as a purpose just there in my playthrough.
- In the janitor room on the table by jumping on the broom a couple of try's you can see the black void outside the map.
- In my opinion you should put in the "More information" putting Average session about 20 minutes or about a half-hour
Good game! What I've appreciated is that I could play with arrows as I've an AZERTY keyboard! However, I'm kinda lost: is this the full game or only a demo?
This is the finished product, it was intended as a bit of practice in this style more than anything. I’m currently working on a larger project in this PS1 aesthetic which should have a demo out in May hopefully
Such a great game with such an amazing retro feel! Loved every minute of it!
I love it! It was a lot of fun to play! Sometimes I was a little lost, but once you discover what to do everything is like "Dhu, it was obvious :P"
i love these style of games
very good game i liked it
This Game Actually Had me on Edge, Nice Little Horror Game From Comp-3 Interactive!
Really loved it. Amazing graphics and gameplay. The sound of the whole game is insane good. Really worth playing it!
I really enjoyed this game! The gameplay was smooth and the atmosphere was creepy. I enjoyed the sense of humor dev with all the books around. Reaction below.
This was a lot of fun! Sound effects were perfect and the whole game had a really creepy mood and atmosphere, with some classic horror nods that were executed really nicely. Definitely got old school RE1 and Silent hill vibes, and loved all of the easter eggs! I definitely did know that guy from somewhere...
Can't wait for the full game!!
It was creepy and I loved all the little easter eggs and bits of humor scattered throughout the demo. Unfortunately, I think I missed a jumpscare or two.. I probably didn't catch all the easter eggs either..
Also, I was hoping for a hiding mechanic since the game had some huge wardrobes and I did try to hide a couple times. xD It did feel like a bit of a key hunt with most of the codes on paper but, overall I didn't mind that part too much.
And, I totally forgot we had a paper with all the room keys listed on it so I actually kept going back to check codes. xD
This was a lot of fun and I would love to see you expand on it.
Linda experiencia al estilo PS1, ambientación perfecta.
The Thirteenth Floor was a really enjoyable (and sometimes frustrating) game. The real takeaway for me was the gameplay, albeit how simple it was, mainly because it didn't "spoon-feed" you what to do. Yes, it does give you easy clues on where to go next and what to do, (particularly finding scattered notes throughout the floor that contain door codes), but some of the objectives allow players to critically think. The use of critical thinking wasn't even much (maybe I wasn't in the best mental shape when I played because it took me a while to figure out what to do next on some parts), but the point is there are some parts that don't flat-out tell you what to do. You're free to think on your own on some parts of the game about what you're supposed to do next to progress, rather than the game telling you what to do. The tension this element creates alone was satisfying, and coupled with the creepy, dark environment of the hotel floor, the game will have you on edge in some parts.
I was actually expecting it to be more creepy than it turned out to be, but it was satisfying enough to be entertaining. If anything made it spooky aside from the ghost and the dark environment, it was the mere style of the graphics. I think the use of PS-style graphics in indie games has become a staple in the horror genre that the look of these graphics immediately gives players that creepy feeling.
A great added feature are the Easter eggs scattered throughout the game as an homage to their inspiration. To the developer: Was the stinky bucket an easter egg of the vomit bucket from the movie Se7en? The movie was the first thing I thought of when I saw it, and now I'm dying to know if I'm right or wrong.
Anyway, I really loved this game. The graphics, mechanics, gameplay, story (though very cliche), and delivery were all great.
EDIT: Comp-3 reached out to me via Twitter informing me that the stinky bucket was not an homage to Se7en. Still, it's a great connection, though.
This game was so fun!!
Thanks for putting up a fun game. I have to say it was pretty creepy yet it had funny moments!
This game was apart of my 3 Scary games the @5:21. Honestly love the classic PS1 style and the finding clues gameplay 9/10
This was really really good! The ambiance of it was done really well and every interaction was really creepy and timed good i cant wait to see what you do with it and your future projects! Heres my playthrough if you wanna see.
Thanks for putting up a fun game. I have to say it was pretty creepy yet it had funny moments so well done on this one my friend keep it up as i would like to see more.
Hey man, thanks for playing! I recently started work on a more complete game which should be released later this year! That should tick off a few of your bits of feedback!
Yo this game really was something special I rather enjoy PS1 inspired horror I can't wait to play your full game . Much love until then <3